Brigade Application ProcessJuly 12-19, 2018
OPEN REGISTRATION 😀 BEGINS JANUARY 18 AND ENDS APRIL 6 OF 2018.
HEALTH WARNING 🙁
Due to the prevalence of Zika virus in Honduras, we strongly recommend that women who are pregnant, or may be pregnant at the time of the mission trip, not attend. If you are planning on joining the mission trip and are a woman of child bearing potential, you should use appropriate precautions to prevent pregnancy during the time of the trip, and several weeks after.
We ask that anyone (male or female) planning on making the trip familiarize yourself with the information contained on the CDC site: here!
THINGS TO KNOW 💡
- Due to new airline rules, we must have your application in by no later than April 6. Applicants after that date may not have a seat or may incur additional costs for airfare.
- If you have questions or concerns you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or you may also call or text 830-275-0106.
- To learn what a brigade is, how you can help, what to bring and any health warnings visit our Medical Brigade pages.
- If the online form does not work on your computer you may printable version is available.
- You may now upload a picture of your passport, driver’s license, medical diploma or medical license/permit. If you prefer to scan these documents be sure to set the Format/File Type to JPEG!
- Once your application has been processed you will receive an email with a link to your personal payment/fundraising page. Cost for this year’s trip is $2000. Please make all credit card payments through your personal payment page. If you can not pay the full amount by April 6 (last day of registration) you may make three payments using the following schedule; $667 (due April 15), $667 (due May 15), and $666 (due June 15). Due to airline ticketing rules, we need a $200 deposit (non-refundable) by April 6. On April 6 we will release any seats that have not paid the $200 deposit. The balance of the first payment ($467) will be due April 15. If you wish you may pay the full balance anytime.
- We no longer take a bus from Killeen to Houston. If interested we will be booking rooms the night before in Houston. We will also have sign up sheets for carpool lists at the Packing Parties.
- If your passport expires before January 31, 2019 you may still apply but you MUST renew your passport before departure.
- We need a copy of everyone’s passport. If you have a picture or scanned copy you may upload it during the application process.
- We MUST have a copy of your medical school diploma and current license to practice. We keep the diplomas from year to year so if you have traveled with us before we should have it on file.
- ALL MUST SEND A COPY OF CURRENT PERMIT TO PRACTICE.
- You may use the new Document Upload function on your phone to take a picture!
- We will need your driver’s license information for a background check and you MUST read our Background Check Policies & Procedures here.
- If you are 21 years of age and willing to drive in Honduras (4WD, manual pickup) please have a picture or scanned copy of your driver’s license available to upload.
MINORS (under 18 years of age):
- No one under the age of 8 is allowed!
- Minors ages 8-15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian AND if the parent or guardian has not traveled with Honduras Good Works before, an interview with brigade committee members will be required.
- Make sure that your parent or legal guardian is available to give consent and provide a signature for the Liability Waiver.
- Please have your parent or guardian read the Minors on Mission Trips Policy as other forms and/or procedures maybe required.
- In your confirmation email you will also receive a copy of the “Letter of Consent for Travel of a Minor.pdf“. This is a sample letter that we provide. We strongly recommend that you visit the U.S. State Department website for more details.
Volunteers FROM Honduras use the volunteer application
Los voluntarios de Honduras utilizan la solicitud de voluntario.